Paul Klee was a wonderful creative artist. He once said “Drawing is taking a line for a walk”. In this activity there is no plan, no rules just you with a drawing tool having fun!
- Choose your drawing tool eg pencil, pen, crayon, pastel etc.
- Place it on some paper and begin to draw.
- Focus only on the point you are drawing with, ignore the rest of your page...take your line for a walk!
- After a while, have a look at your drawing.
- Now, this is the thinking bit. Does your drawing look like anything? a pattern, a figure, an animal??
- Draw back into your drawing with more considered marks, add different tones, textures, colour and detail until you are happy your drawing is 'finished.