This is an exercise in hand-eye coordination. It is important to develop this synchronicity (hand-eye) to improve your observational skills.
- Stick 3 pieces of A4 paper together length ways so you have a long, narrow piece of paper.
- Position yourself in a room or outside with enough space to move around.
- Beginning at one end of the paper place your pencil (or pen) on the paper and draw (with 1 line) the things you see.
- Try to record as much as you can without taking your pencil off the paper.
- Move across the page until you get to the otherside