John Baldessari is a contemporary artist, who uses photography, text, collage and paint to create thought provoking images. His book "Throwing three balls in the air to get a straight line" was a series of photographs documenting his attempts to throw three balls in the air and capture them when in a line (also see: http://abtarts.weebly.com/blog/john-baldessarri).
- Collect unbreakable objects eg magazines, balls, paint brushes etc.
- Find a safe space like an empty playground.
- In pairs: one person throw the object in the air while the other tries to capture the object in flight.
- Try 2 objects.
- You will need to set fast shutter speed in order to capture your object in motion
- Experiment with shutter speeds: slow to blur object
- Try tracking your object to blur the background